Counter Missionary Articles and Lessons
Professor Uri Yosef was born, raised, and educated in Israel,
and completed his higher education (Ph.D. and M.B.A.) in the US.
A researcher, scholar, and former tenured professor, Uri speaks at
various Jewish venues about the efforts to counter Christian missionary
groups. Uri's background in languages includes: Hebrew (native tongue),
English, German, and Yiddish on a fluent level.
Thematic Index of Counter-Missionary Articles and Lessons
Articles are available in Adobe PDF
Hebrew text in the articles is in david.ttf
a Microsoft True-Type Font (link here for assistance if Hebrew
language fonts do not appear correctly on your monitor or printer).
Lesson notes are available as Microsoft PowerPoint slides. If you do not have the Microsoft PowerPoint software,
a FREE PowerPoint Viewer can be downloaded by clicking the Microsoft Office icon below.
You can join Uri's weekly lesson, starting on Thursday, January 13, 2011, 20:00-22:00 (8:00-10:00PM) New York time,
either on the Virtual Yeshiva in the private
Counter-Missionary Education chat-room,
or on PalTalk in the Counter Missionary Education chat-room
(this chat-room is in the Judaism section located under the Religion & Sprirtuality category;
it is accessible either via PalTalk Express via the URL -
or by ordinary logon and then locating the chat-room as described).
Counter-Missionary Education lessons are temporarily suspended. A notice for their resumption will be posted here.
Introduction and Overview
Contrasting Judaism with Christianity
Identifying the Jewish Messiah
Exposing the Myth of the "Virgin Birth"
Identifying the "Suffering Servant"
Refuting Some Common "Proof Texts"
- Deuteronomy 18:9-22 - Is it about A Particular Prophet?
- Isaiah 9:5-6[6-7] - Is it Messianic or Historical?
- Jeremiah 31:30-36[31-37] - Will the Real "New Covenant" Please Stand Up!
- Micah 5:1 - Bethlehem: The Messiah's Birthplace?
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Zechariah 12:10 - A Piercing Look at A False Claim
- Zechariah 13 - Of False Prophets, Farmhands, ... (and Playboys?)
- Psalms 2:12 - "Kiss the Son"? Where Is that Son of A Gun?
- Psalms 22 - "Nailing" An Alleged Crucifixion Scenario
- Psalms 110 - A Divine Priestly King from A New Priesthood? NOT!!!
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Psalms: Part 1 - Psalms 8, 16, 18
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Psalms: Part 2 - Psalms 27, 31, 34, 35, 38
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Psalms: Part 3 - Psalms 40, 41, 45
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Psalms: Part 4 - Psalms 55, 68, 78, 80, 89
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Psalms: Part 5 - Psalms 69
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Psalms: Part 6 - Psalms 102, 109, 118, 132
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Psalms: Part 7 - The "Big Picture"
- Debunking "Proof Texts" from the Proverbs
Tackling Christian Beliefs and Claims that Are Based on Distorted Texts